Majlis Keselamatan Negara Movement Control Order General Standard Operating Procedures implemented throughout Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor and Penang from 19 February until 4 March 2021 updated as of 19 February 2021.
The infographic highlights the updated “SOP Am Perintah Kawalan Pergerakan Majlis Keselamatan Negara (Dikemaskini: 19 Februari 2021)” issued by the National Security Council on 19 February 2021.
- No interstate or inter-district travels (according to the district borders set by the State Government). Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur is an infected district area.
- The number of passengers in private vehicles is according to the capacity of the vehicle for the purpose of obtaining health or medical care, obtaining food supply, medicine, dietary supplements, basic necessities and daily necessities in the same district as their residence or the district closest to their residence if there is no supply of said necessities in said area.
- The number of people allowed in vehicles transporting goods as well as economic/industrial activity chains depends on the commercial vehicle registration license.
- Dine-in is allowed according to the capacity of the table with physical distancing of at least 1 metre between customers.
- Other activities approved by the Ministry/Agency/Local Government are allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 10.00 pm.
- All economic and business sectors approved by the relevant Ministries / Agencies can operate during the MCO period. Employee movement is subject to registration / operation approval letter and employee pass/employer confirmation letter.
- Attendance capacity of employees for the civil service is based on the Public Service Department (JPA) Circular / Instruction. Meanwhile, the private sector is based on 30% Management staff and the number of operating / support employees is set by the employer.
- Islamic wedding ceremonies in the religious department and mosque is ALLOWED with attendance in accordance with the ruling of the State Religious Authority.
- The registration of marriages for non-Muslims at the National Registration Department (JPN) is ALLOWED with attendance as determined by JPN.
- Sports and recreational activities without physical contact carried out in open and enclosed areas by way of training for the purposes of health, fitness, and self-skills are permitted with a mandatory distance of 1-3 metres between participants.
- Operation of enclosed and semi-enclosed facilities or premises to be under constant supervisory control during operating hours.
- Recording activities for music, concerts, film making, talk shows and such similar activities are permitted for studio recording limited to within the particular MCO area with the total crew members kept to a minimum and with no live audiences. The SOP for Creative Industry must be complied with.
- Prohibited Activities:
- Spa and reflexology operations
- Activities at nightclubs or pubs.
- Activities at theme parks, indoor playgrounds, family karaoke and cinemas.
Sports and Recreational Activities
- Activities carried out in facilities and premises with NO SUPERVISION CONTROL.
- Sports tournament/competition activities other than the Malaysian Football League (MFL), Malaysian Hockey League (MHL) and Sepak Takraw League (STL).
- Mass activities which includes the participation of a large group of people at any one time such as Fun Run, Fun Ride, Marathon, and Triathlon.
- Activities carried out outside the movement direction area in force unless authorized.
- Outbound/inbound tourism activities in MCO areas and in EMCO areas.
- Overseas tourism activities by citizens and domestic tourism activities involving foreign tourists entering Malaysia except foreign tourists from countries specified by the Minister.
Click HERE to download the following infographic and click HERE for the Mandarin version of the Infographic.
- Any activity that may cause many people to be present in a place that makes it difficult for physical distancing and compliance with the instructions of the Director General of Health.
- Other matters decided by the Government from time to time.
Please email your details at [email protected] if you would like to subscribe to our Knowledge Centre.