LEONG MAY LING is a Partner and Head of the Corporate Real Estate practice group. She holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from the University of London and obtained the Certificate in Legal Practice (CLP) from the Legal Profession Qualifying Board of Malaysia.
May Ling was admitted as an Advocate and Solicitor of the High Court of Malaya in 2002. Her main practice area is property and property-related corporate transactions such as acquisitions and divestment of real properties, leases, tenancies, and financing transactions (both residential and commercial). She advises on joint venture agreements for property developments, shareholders’ agreements for property-related companies, built-to-suit agreements for industrial developments, agreements to lease for buildings under construction, and development rights agreements.
- Acted for local and foreign property developers, companies (including government-linked investment companies), and individuals in the acquisition and disposal of commercial and residential properties as well as industrial and agricultural lands.
- Acted for property developers and companies in joint venture agreements and shareholders’ agreements for the development of office, retail, and hotel components.
- Advised and acted for property developers on built-to-suit agreements and agreements to build and lease for industrial developments.
- Advised property developers on development rights agreement involving mixed commercial developments.
- Acted for receivers and managers for companies in receivership for disposal of lands and properties as well as advised and drafted the tender documents
- Advised on commercial, retail, industrial, and residential leases and tenancies for developers, companies, and individuals.