DARREN KOR YIT MENG heads the Communications & Multimedia practice group. He is a Barrister-at-Law of Lincoln’s Inn and holds a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) degree from the University of Warwick, United Kingdom.
Darren has been advising a broad range of clients in the Technology Media & Telecommunications sector since 1997 and principally advises on the following areas:
- communications and multimedia related matters including but not limited to advising on and drafting reference access offerings for both fixed and mobile network, access agreements and high speed broadband service agreements amongst others; and advising on regulatory issues such as licensing, spectrum and universal service obligations. He had participated in the formulation and drafting of the Communications and Multimedia Bill, one of the first (if not the first) legislation in the world to legislate for the converging communications and multimedia industry;
- information and communications technology related matters including but not limited to network rollouts, commissioning of systems, procurement of hardware, software licensing (standard and bespoke) and support and maintenance agreement; and also advising on the implementation of e-wallets and electronic payments;
- corporate commercial matters including but not limited to various types of service agreements, end user agreements, supply agreements, distribution agreements, joint ventures, consortium agreements, collaboration agreement and franchise agreements;
- data protection law issues; and
- competition law issues under the Competition Act 2010 and Communications and Multimedia Act 1998.